Monday, September 27, 2010

The ProPixWorkShop - Gold Coast



Chelsea
Chelsea was patient enough standing in front of the camera while a few of us Photographer's took our turns at learning how to light using a Soft-Box at Greenmount Beach. The wind was up and conditions were cool though she stood their and posed for us for a couple of hours.

This was my first real attempt at shooting a Model and the Lighting advice from Che and Stu of ProPixWorkShops helped tremendously in achieving a decent result. I took along my cheap Yongnuo YN-460 and YN-468 Speedlites plus my remote triggers and borrowed the Soft-Box for these shots. They're a cheap way to get into Off Camera Lighting but one day I'll invest in some more powerful speedlites.



ProPixWorkShops






I'm now looking forward to my next opportunity of pursuing this style of Photography
and have already received notice of interest if a course was scheduled for Brisbane.
I'll keep the Gold Coast RedBubble group up to date with any announcements I here from ProPixWorkShops and hopefully have  some more Photographers learning how to light.




For a larger view of the images click on them and follow the link to RedBubble. For more information about the ProPixWorkShops, please check out their website.
Derek(drec/D.Byrne/drecart)

1 comment:

  1. First up amazing images Derek you totally nailed them and yup ProPix Workshops will be definately heading back to Gold Coast and Brisbane shortly.

    We will be starting a mailing group shortly so if you want information please get your name on it.

    ReplyDelete